The pumpkin-spice smoothie with coconut milk will satisfy all cravings for a pumpkin-spice latte when you're out at the cabin.
Like the smell of burning leaves or apple cider doughnuts, this smoothie will transport you to a place of autumnal happiness any time of the year. Sip this creamy concoction through a straw, and you’ll swear you’re slurping up a pumpkin pie. INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk (see below)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 small frozen banana, cut into several pieces
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- Place all the ingredients in the blender pitcher in the order listed
- Blend for 5 seconds on low, then turn to high for another 20 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
Rich with its creamy goodness and slight hint of coconut, this milk makes a delicious base for smoothies. Use it in cupcakes and muffins too. Makes about 4½ cups. INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or coconut flakes
- 4 cups spring water or filtered tap water
- Soak the coconut in the water for 2 hours.
- Place the coconut and the water in a blender and process on high for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Strain the coconut through a nut bag, squeezing out all the milk into a bowl. When you’ve squeezed out all you can, transfer the milk to a storage container and reserve the pulp for another use. Chill and serve.