Makes about 4 pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp powdered eggs
- 1 tbsp instant skim milk powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dried blueberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Vegetable oil
Prep at Home
In a sealable plastic bag, combine flour, eggs, milk powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place blueberries in another bag. Seal both bags and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- In a bowl, combine blueberries and water. Let stand for 15 minutes or until blueberries are softened. Stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) oil. Shake flour mixture in bag to mix and pour into blueberry mixture. Stir just until evenly moistened.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until warmed. Add a thin layer of oil. Pour in about 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) batter per pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles break on the surface but don’t fill in and bottom is golden. Turn and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to the pan and adjusting heat as necessary.