3-Cheese Veggie Pizza
Published: September 1, 2009
We happen to love olives and feta on our pizzas – but feel free to create your own interesting combinations. For instance, smoked gouda cheese, fontina and havarti make for an interesting treat!
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
What you Need:
- 1 package pizza dough mix
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup black and/or green olives, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 aluminum pie tin
- Apply peanut oil to the bottom and sides of an aluminum pie tin.
- Prepare pizza dough per package directions and spread the dough in the bottom and up the sides of the pie tin.
- Place sauce over dough. Layer mozzarella and cheddar cheese, then vegetables and finally top with the feta cheese.
- Place pizza in Dutch oven, cover and place on approximately 12-14 evenly spread hot coals. Then place another even layer of 12-14 hot coals on top of the lid.
- Cook for approximately 15-25 minutes. Don’t be afraid to slide the cover off (using thick hot pads) occasionally, in order to check the progress. Keep in mind that times will vary considerably due to the outside temperature