Provolone Pesto Sandwich
Published: April 1, 2008
What you Need:
Photo by Cabin Life Staff
Thick slices whole grain bread (the grainier the better!)
- Homemade or store-bought basil pesto
- Sliced tomatoes
- Provolone cheese
1. In toaster oven, toast two slices of bread – the first plain, the second covered with cheese.
2. Remove toasted slices from oven.
3. On plain slice of toast, generously spread pesto on one side and top with sliced tomatoes.
4. Place second, cheese-covered toast on top.
5. Cut sandwich in half. Serve warm with soup and sliced apples.
Goes great when paired with Mushroom and Brown Rice Soup.
Look for this icon. This denotes premium subscriber content.
Learn more »
Free Twice-Monthly E-Newsletter
Receive useful tips & inspiration from Cabin Life