Pot Roast Pizza
Published: September 1, 2009
What do you have in your fridge? Well, pull it out and create something new out of your leftovers! You can make a delicious pizza out of almost any left over meal: sloppy joe filling, chili, roasted chicken, meatloaf and more. As a dough alternative, use 1 package of crescent rolls pressed into the pie tin. It’s a little softer and flakier than pizza dough, though, so you might just want to use a fork to dig in!
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
What you Need:
- 1 package pizza dough mix or crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 11/4 cup pizza cheese
- 1 cup shredded pot roast
- 1 cup diced roasted potatoes
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 aluminum pie tin
- Apply peanut oil to the bottom and sides of an aluminumpie tin.
- Prepare pizza dough or crescent rolls per package directions and spread in the bottom and up the sides of the pie tin. Don’t make the crust too thick, as it may become soggy.
- Layer the BBQ sauce, 1 cup cheese, onions, potatoes and pot roast on top.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and the remaining cheese.
- Cook as above, for approximately 15- 25 minutes.