Charcoal Grill Special: Simple Skirt Steak Fajitas
Published: July 1, 2009
|While restaurant fajitas are usually served on flour tortillas, I like the added flavor of corn tortillas to accent the beef. Toss each tortilla on the grill for a few seconds per side to soften and heat through just before serving. |
Serves 6 to 8.
What you Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Prepare a hot charcoal fire, with the coals glowing red through a white ash coating.
2. Brush the skirt steak with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Place over direct heat and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Don’t overcook! Two minutes should be the maximum per side, or the meat will be tough.
4. Lay the steak on a clean platter and allow it to rest for 5minutes while you grill the tortillas for a few seconds oneach side. Stack on a clean plate, wrapped in a clean dishtowelif you like to keep them warm.
5. Slice steak thinly against the grain and serve right away.
6. To eat, put a tortilla on your plate, layer the thin-slicedmeat thickly on top, squeeze on lime, dollop on your favorite salsa, and eat. Extra napkins come in handy.
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.