Grilled Parmesan Garlic Bread
Published: November 1, 2008
Super-quick and extra-delicious, this grilled garlic bread is so easy that you can throw it on the grill almost as an afterthought. But don’t be surprised if it’s the first thing everyone eats.
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
What you Need:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) softened salted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the grill on medium-low for 10 minutes – or turn down your grill to low and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl and spread down the two cut surfaces of the bread, right out to the edges.
3. Lay the bread, buttered sides up, on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes until the bottoms are crusty and golden. Flip and grill the buttered side down until it’s just turning golden on the edges – don’t let it burn!
4. Turn the bread again, moving it off direct heat or to the upper rack, if you have one, and sprinkle with the parmesan. Close the lid for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately, cut into wedges.