Spice-rubbed Pork Chops
Published: September 1, 2008
With potato salad and corn on the cob (pull back the husks, strip out the silk, pull the husks back up and grill 3-5 minutes per side), this is a tailgating meal that will have your neighbors wandering over to see what smells so good.
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck / blankets provided by Woolrich
What you Need:
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried whole oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large, bone-in pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 4-5 pounds)
Combine the dry rub ingredients and rub generously over each chop. Store in a zipper-lock bag in the refrigerator overnight.
Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill on high for 10 minutes, lid down. Place the chops over direct heat and grill, lid up, for about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.