Mushroom and Brown Rice Soup
Published: April 1, 2008
The soup is of the lighter spring variety and pairs very nicely with the pesto sandwich.
Photo by Cabin Life Staff
What you Need:
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 cups good quality low salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup-plus quick-cooking brown rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned,
- trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Combine stock, onion, and brown rice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter and cook mushrooms about 10 minutes or longer until they are golden brown. Cook until there is no liquid remaining in the pan from the mushrooms.
3. Add mushroom to the stock. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in sherry and season to taste.
4. Can be served immediately or frozen for upto 6 months.
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.