Candy Wild Strawberries
Published: November 1, 2008
“These candy strawberries are a specialty of mine and are always requested by family and friends. Not only are they pretty, they taste like wild strawberries!” Makes 1-2 dozen. (They’ll disappear quickly, but refrigerate any leftovers.)
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
Battle Creek, Mich.
What you Need:
- 2 3-ounce packages wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Red decorator’s sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Green food coloring or 1 tube of green frosting
1. Combine jello, pecans and coconut.
2. Stir in milk and vanilla, mix well.
3. Chill 1 hour.
4. Shape into the form of strawberries, roll in red decorator’s sugar.
5. Tint sliced almonds with green food coloring and insert in the tops of the “strawberries” to form leaves.
6. Use the tube of green frosting with a star-shaped decorator tip to form a hull on the top of each berry.