Orange Hot Chocolate
Published: October 1, 2012
Give your tired hot chocolate a little pizzazz. Makes 4 servings.
Photo by John & Tanya Bäck
2 cups Florida orange juice
¼ cup powdered cocoa
1 tablespoon flour or ½ tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup fine sugar
1. Blend orange juice, cocoa and flour in a blender for 10 seconds or until well mixed.
2. Empty contents of blender into a small saucepan, and stir smoothly over low heat until slightly thickened.
3. Beat with a fork or wire whisk until well blended.
4. Add sugar, and heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
5. Pour into cups, and serve.
For garnish: Add marshmallows, whipped cream or a Florida orange slice.
Courtesy Florida Department of Citrus