In-ground Fire Pits
January 20, 2011
I want to dig a fire pit somewhere in our yard and line it with retaining wall blocks. Three questions:
Photo by Victor Soares, dreamstime.com
(1) How deep does it need to be?
(2) I’ve heard that if you dig a fire pit in the wrong area, you can actually start an underground root fire; is that true?
(3) Are retaining wall blocks safe for this purpose?
Log in to read the answers!
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Cabin Life magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 8 issues PLUS these great online benefits:
- Unlimited access to the "Dream Cabins" section
- Unlimited access to our "Property & Finance" section
- Participate in our forums
- Post photos in our online galleries
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online