Wood Bees Attacking Log Home
December 17, 2010
Q: We have owned a small yet beautiful log home as a second home for about six years, and we are experiencing wood bees on our front porch that are boring holes into our logs, mostly the posts on the porch. What can we do to prevent further damage? Not only do we have deep holes, but also the bees are large and annoying, and they are leaving wood shavings all over the rails and floor of the porch. Your input would be helpful.
Photo by Mark R. Johnson
– Therese L. Lusby, Lake Cumberland
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Cabin Life magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 8 issues PLUS these great online benefits:
- Unlimited access to the "Dream Cabins" section
- Access to our Grill Master recipes
- Unlimited access to our "Property & Finance" section
- Participate in our forums
- Post photos in our online galleries
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online