From the Editor: What's New?
In the February 2013 issue of Cabin Life, you’ll find a lot of great surprises
December 14, 2012
My family recently decided to shake things up. Life was cruising along pretty well when my younger son, Cole, told my wife, Carol, and I that a little something was missing. That little something turned out to be Charlie, a female chocolate Lab puppy. Over the past 25 years, our family has had two great dogs, Rosy and Nana. In the coming years, I’ll let you know in this column how Charlie is working out. So far, she’s showing great promise.
Mark & Charlie
Your editors at Cabin Life recently decided to shake things up too, starting with the February 2013 issue. No, we didn’t add a puppy to the office, but that’s an interesting idea. We have, however, added a host of new departments to your magazine, some of them in response to your requests, some because they’re fun, and some because they’re just darn good ideas. A handful of the highlights include:
We think these departments, like Charlie, show a lot of promise. We hope you enjoy them! Please send an email to email@example.com to let me know what you think.
- Lake/Land Association Spotlight, highlighting the good works of cabin communities across the U.S. (p. 13).
- History Bits, giving fun facts about cabin-centric inventions, from the outboard motor to the Crock-Pot (p. 9).
- Now & Then, sharing funny and poignant stories from days gone by as well as from today (p. 22).
- Tooling Around, giving you tips you can use to maintain your cabin, your landscaping and your favorite toys (p. 54).
- Small Cabin Escape, featuring inspiring photos of cozy cabins nestled in nature (p. 66).