|You Could Be a Winner!
A picture you take at your cabin could win you a spot in the Cabin Life Photo Contest Winners Gallery! The contest will run quarterly. We will accept photo submissions for one month, then have two weeks of public voting to determine the winning photo. The winner will receive a Cabin Life gift bag valued at $100!
Winning photos will also be tagged with the Cabin Life Photo Contest Winner badge and posted on the Photo Contest Winners’ Gallery page. So post your photo today!
Cabin Life Photo Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Cabin Life Monthly Photo Contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada (except Quebec) only, who are age 18 years or older and have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residency at the time of entry. Employees (and their dependents and immediate household members) of Sponsor, and their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsoring companies are not eligible to participate. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. Contest Period. Entrants may submit photos to the Contest beginning on March 1, 2015 at 12:00:00AM Central Standard Time (CST), and all entries must be transmitted online no later than March 31, 2015 at 11:59:59PM CST. Public voting on the five finalists takes place April 6, 2015 at 12:01:00 AM CST through April 19, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM CST.
3. How to Enter. To enter, register and complete the Contest Official Entry Form online under the "Submit Your Photo" tab with your name, email, and postal code. Attach your photo with a title and description, then click on the Submit button. You may submit two photo entries through the Contest Online Entry Form during the Contest Period. The online entry form must be filled out completely to be eligible.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) in US Dollars. One (1) First Prize consisting of a $100 Cabin Life prize package. ARV of First Prize: $100. TOTAL ARV of all prizes is $100.00.
5. Judging/Odds/Notification. Submissions will be scored anonymously by a panel of Cabin Life editors on quality, composition and relevancy to cabin living. Five finalists will be selected from the submitted photos by Cabin Life editors. These five finalists will be voted on. Scores will be combined with reader votes to decide a winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries.
Winners will be notified by email on or about April 20, 2015. If a winner is unreachable or does not respond within seven (7) days of being notified, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If Kalmbach Publishing Company cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
6. Prize Restrictions. No cash equivalent or prize substitution permitted. All prizes subject to the guarantees/warranties of the manufacturer. Any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. For prizes of $600 or more in value, winner’s Taxpayer I.D. will be required to issue a Form 1099-MISC showing prize ARV as income. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Validation and Acceptance. Winners agree that, as a condition of any prize award, all rights, title and interest in his or her entry will be transferred Kalmbach Publishing Co., and agree to execute any additional written authorization, assignment or other papers requested by Kalmbach Publishing Co. in connection with the transfer and assignment of rights to the entry submission.
The potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, publicity release and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event a winner does not respond to this requirement, an alternate winner will be chosen.
8. Announcement of Winners. The winners will be posted on CabinLife.com as soon as a winner has been notified and confirmed.
9. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Contest. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Web site, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Facebook and their employees, officers, and directors, their advertising and promotional agencies, and sponsoring companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
10. Additional terms. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of Sponsor. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Wisconsin, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees, (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “special damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim special damages and all rights to such damages multiplied or increased. Wisconsin law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
11. Sponsor. Sponsored by Kalmbach Publishing Co., P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187-1612.