Take the Plunge!
Cabin neighbors welcome the new year with a chilly dunk in the lake
Photos by Jill Neimon
October 7, 2011
A curious and somewhat disturbing tradition occurs every New Year’s Day
at high noon on a secluded lake in the heart of northern Wisconsin’s
lake country: Brave, albeit foolhardy, members of my family – the
Schimmels – and the Neimon family don swim trunks and jump feet first
into a carefully constructed hole in the ice to take the “polar plunge.”
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Cabin Life magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 8 issues PLUS these great online benefits:
- Unlimited access to the "Dream Cabins" section
- Access to our Grill Master recipes
- Unlimited access to our "Property & Finance" section
- Participate in our forums
- Post photos in our online galleries
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online